and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Tuesday, May 18, 2004

OBLIQUED.BLOGSPOT.COM promises great comic relief, or is it just me?

anyhow, am sick again. voice is raspy in a bad way, shoulders ache, and have a harsh cough. plus am breaking out. what is wrong with me. thinking about it properly, how am i going to pass my common tests seeing as i have been absent like every other week and my tuition is like irregular and during june hols i will be in the states visiting colleges so like, yeah i can just prepare to fail and crash and burn and die like NOW.

good Lord, how many times did i use 'like'? i swear its the flu getting to my brain. anyway, am really quite worried about common tests in july.. and thinking about it clearly, my SATs.. there are so many so many things. damn damn damn.

if i manage to qualify for some nice uni in the states though, and since i'll be informed by like start of next year or something, I WILL QUIT SCHOOL. I WILL QUIT NJC. you have no idea how much satisfaction it will give me to go to the principal's office or hod's office or whatever and just WITHDRAW FROM THE DAMN SCHOOL. after that fact dawned on me yesterday, i'm a lot more motivated to do well in SATs and get things done for university applications this year. please let me leave. please.

thinking about it just makes me so happy.

on a less positive side though, teo has given the lit students this homework to be done. Leopard Skin by Douglas Stewart and i am at a total loss for words. she hasn't even returned me my marilyn monroe work yet okay. i am in no mood or state to deal with some incomprehensible prac crit homework now.

let's talk about what i've done for the past weekend. on friday classmates came over and prepped for college day. henry is so clever, he knows how to clean squid. it's quite amazing, really. he taught me how to play pool properly. then on saturday morning i had to wake up at eight-thirty to take out the ingredients from my fridge and let it thaw. they came over at nine something and terry cooked 100 burgers. a whole lot of cooking and preparation ensued. tiring, but fun. then, the rest left for school while terry and i stayed behind to shower first. after which terry carried the cartons of drinks to the cab and we cabbed to school. got to school, set up the stall [deco was the nicest around, in my opinion] and the rest of the day was just an energy-sapping affair. tried desperately to get people to buy. finally talked to yiyang instead of just hi-bye :) such a cute one.

left early and felt guilty after that but i guess i'd sort of done my bit already. had dinner at billy bomber's and the place is painfully slow. not going back ever.

on sunday, didn't go for church. feel terrible. didn't really do anything. worked out in the morning for an hour or so because i felt like it and then i read a book [stargirl by jerry spinelli. its one of the many books i left half read on my desk]. it's beautiful. i've promised myself i will read at least one book a week. keeps me alive, seriously. if i totally stop reading i know that i'll end up failing my lit common test because my brain will dry up and lit is the only thing i have a slight chance of getting A for so i can't screw it up for myself.

after that, went to town to meet bea and got a sunflower for gayle from cold storage because the wisma floral was closed. aj concert was quite a sad affair. gayle didn't inform us that the second half was CO. and we were late. so we only watched about twenty minutes or so before looking around for a place to chat during the CO bit. it was really nice seeing the SC girls again.. oh God i miss it so..

bea and i noted that aj guys > nj guys. we couldn't stop staring at this councillor. sam nagged at us, told us to get a grip. hmm. must be all the cat high guys. [haha]

had fondue at haagen daz. brilliant. talked and talked till the concert was over and then tried desperately to find gayle so we could talk because we hadn't seen her in ages but she had to get on a bus back to school. in the end we rushed out to the loading bay and waited for her and felt like people at changi arrival gates. finally gayle came for like ten seconds and we hugged her and told her how much we loved her and she looked so happy and it felt so.. nice.

dammit. i miss them. and i don't like this entry because its so mundane but anyhow - that's how the weekend was for me, somewhat. just skimming the surface - you forget that nothing is complete without you.

+ posted by M @ 5:35 PM

Comments: Post a Comment