and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Tuesday, June 01, 2004

i do want to live, ever so badly.

i want life to stun me like a sunburst, the way juice trickles down your chin when you bite into a big fat juicy strawberry, the way your hands get sticky when you eat a peach whole, the way my sister runs around the house screaming and laughing, i want to be overwhelmed with so many colours that my eyes see only colours and blurs of colours and streaks of orange and pink and yellow and blue and that half-smile of yours and the sorrow of your eyes. i want to stand back and think to myself - this is my life that is worth living. i want to go for a poetry reading at martin place and sit there and be amazed and soak in all the words you say and live on them. i want to paint sunflowers and swirls of thick oil paint and get strokes of colour all over the floor, all over my room, all over my skin. i want to love you, if only you'd let me. i want to sit in a coffee place in a big cushy chair and read for hours on end, amidst the buzz and warmth of people commiserating or studying or chatting and laugh out loud at the funny bits and cry when i feel like it, and have everyone else think i've gone insane. i want to slip notes in between the books at borders - silly notes, serious notes, lovey notes - to surprise the random person that buys those books i love. i want to get over my pain and regret and not let it hold me down and realize that this pain and regret makes me human -this ability to feel, it is human, it is beautiful. i want to write till my fingers go numb and then kiss them afterwards and thank my hands for doing me well.

life is beautiful.

+ posted by M @ 7:02 PM

Comments: Post a Comment