and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Sunday, July 11, 2004

i've been reading a lot of my past entries lately.

anyway. in the past two days God has shown much grace.

firstly, on friday i felt sick so i didn't go to school. i went for church still anyway and at the end of the session i was talking to alysia about how i would most likely fail all my papers, even lit [which was basically like my ONLY HOPE of REDEMPTION AND FORGIVENESS from my PARENTS]. after which i left for home, but while in the car i received a message from yifang telling me i had gotten the highest score for lit paper 1 [dio's class. SHAKESPEARE PAPER] in my class. trust me, it is an extremely miserable score but the relief i feel is immense. i think only the njcians really know just how many Dio classes i've cut [because there's a free period before his class and pe after his class and the past term i've been having quite a lot of mcs so i find it annoying to wait when i could end school at two as compared to five] and how blank my book is and how.. basically i just took advantage of the fact that God blessed me with a special understanding of words that enables me to see more than most. it is a big relief because Dio expects something of me and i'm obligated to show him results more so than any other teachers because he's my drama teacher and he probably read my appeal letter [in which i was made to emphasize desperately that i had literary and artistic talents - because other than that i honestly have nothing else to show about myself].

anyway i have resolved to stop cutting his classes [can't promise detailed annotation though. i really don't believe in making lit notes]. the state of mind i had during the shakespeare paper really proved that i do need some sort of teacher guidance.

secondly, on saturday i had chinese listening comprehension in the morning. the past few comprehensions i've been having were really bad. i barely passed them and i couldn't even tell when the passage was over or when it had started. they all sounded the same to me : gibberish. i was praying quite hard before the paper while symphony 92.4 was still playing their classical music before the paper commences. and the minute i open my eyes the DJ announces that the next song is dedicated to the students sitting for the exam. after a while i recognize the song is actually a catholic hymn sung to the melody of canon in D. i just felt so tickled at that time because no one else seemed to realize and i turned to sam [a fellow catholic] and she just stared at me blankly. after that the chinese paper started and miraculously i understood everything more or less. after comparing answers with cheryl i found we had almost identical answers [and her chinese is quite good, i think]. God's amazing grace, once again. i mean. MEL UNDERSTANDING CHINESE COMPREHENSION? that is like one BIG miracle.

anyway. events that took place yesterday are TOP SECRET. went to ikea and had swedish meatballs [for the first time]. they were nice but overrated. after which i can't say what happened except that in the evening i rode up and down to changi airport on mrt all by myself to see nat off. it was really sad. i don't think i've ever really felt that sad about someone going away before. i wanted to cry, but i don't cry in public.. so. i miss you/love you nat.


+ posted by M @ 2:13 PM

Comments: Post a Comment