and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Monday, July 19, 2004

saturday was a blur. i met mandy and then i met others and then i met mandy again. clearly, highlight of the day/week/month was the SCGS DANCE CONCERT.
 
it was good after the njc dance concert i was subjected too. honestly. i just. yeah. scgs. sitting in that auditorium, listening to ms heng speak, watching the girls dance in their multi-coloured costumes the school doesn't scrimp on ... scgs provided me a better arts education than a jc.
 
scgs didn't just gave me an education - it gave me love, it made me the person i am today [the good bits], it gave me memories that keep me warm when i need them.
 
after the concert, went for supper with bron, asha and ed at newton circus. SO HAPPY. it was just so happy. i was just so happy. a million laughs a minute  and catching up on the old times and being able to just talk and not feel awkward and stilted and just talk and laugh and.. sigh. after the whole day i just went home and i cried. i don't know why. maybe because i was tired. maybe because i was just exhausted. after such a blur of a day i just felt empty.
 
i miss sc so damn much.
 
this morning on my way to school i was listening to class 95. the flying dutchman was relating to glenn and rod how a group of students had given up their table for his family at a restaurant. and he was saying how courteous they were, how kind they were, how considerate - and so rod told him, 'you must tell us the school name!' and guess what, they were SCGS GIRLS. 'well done, scgs, WELL DONE!'
 
in a sense i started off my day quite well today, because i just couldn't stop grinning in the car and telling all the other sc girls at nj about it.
 
anyway today was racial harmony day. because i am NE rep, it is my big day [after national day that is]. ha. well a certain DM caught me for my attire today.
 
dm: i don't think pink shoes make you look any nicer.
me [still in a daze]: huh?
dm: look at everyone else's shoes .. follow them
me: oh right.. okay..
dm: what is that accesory?
me: its a cross.
dm: when people see your shoes they will look up ... take off your earrings. only one pair allowed.
i faked taking off my earrings till she was out of sight.
 
gee. just that unlucky to meet her this morning. anyway. what's with the 'look around ... follow them'. dream on if you think i'm going to morph into some typical NJCian. forget it. i'm still wearing my pink ace 83s to school - they're 70 per cent white and i don't subscribe to homogenous 'individuality'. it's not that i am against the styles of my fellow schoolmates, but i'm not going to alter what i wear to fit your expectations. they like their shoes white, i like mine colourful. i apologize for my outrageous taste in clothing.
 
i also apologize for my attitude problem. sigh. need to fix this. must become model student of the year.
 
haha. yeah right.
 
today was quite eventful. i realized quite a few things. my class is very resourceful. we're slack, a tad irresponsible and disunited for the most part but when it comes to the crunch i think we're the most resourceful people around. i was basically having some sort of panic attack because my class didn't get the RHD cards [for which my ALMIGHTY CT REP blamed me for in an oh-so-subtle way]. look, that wasn't my fault. the arts classes didn't get it. sue njc. anyway. that's besides the point. my dear classmates turned up without materials for the rangoli competition despite the reminders i sent them yesterday. heck my own group didn't even know what was going on for bunga manggar [me included].
 
anyway. so the rangoli group went around plucking flowers from njc [following ms suhaili's famous advice - 'be discreet!'] and gathering pebbles from i dont know where in njc. and i tried getting melvin and silin to give me one of the house flag poles but in the end fangwei nicked a pole from i dont know where. and she got some leaves and i borrowed some sticks from other classes and great we were all set. sort of. i think our bunga manggar turned out really well considering we knew nothing about it ['look at the other groups.. look at what they're doing.. OH. so its LIKE THAT'] and our centre piece was mainly made up of some branches and leaves while people brought things like crepe paper and spray paint and whatever else.  
 
the rangoli turned out good too. gosh. we're so good at nicking things. even during the first three months when we realized class deco was due the next day we took scrap materials from other classes to make our funny envelope thingies.
 
even though our groups were set, some other class people dropped by and helped out. that was nice. though after a while i was more or less left by myself with terry in the linkway because everyone else needed to eat and someone had to be present to hang on to the bunga manggar. i sacrificed my lunch and contact time periods for that competition and at the end of it all we were just told to throw it away! it didn't even seem like proper judging had taken place. but anyway, amos wanted the tinsel back. yes. almost nothing on the structure was actually truly ours. apart from the construction paper design.
 
we're really pretty good!:) and i don't normally compliment my class, so :)))
 
conversation that took place during free period today --
 
terry: mel.. do you have a bat mobile under your house? in a basement?
shiwei: your father .. is batman..
terry: i bet you have a butler called alfred..
yif in an attempt to get my attention: hey MEL...
terry -look of sudden realisation-: OH. MEOWWW.. i knew it! you're catwoman.. your father is batman.. don't deny it..
 
how stupid can we get. haha.
 
what really made an impression on me today was when i walked back to class anxiously to get the tinsel. and adeline was sitting in the darkened classroom all by herself. and it gave me a shock and i said, 'oh hi i need the tinsel..' and she just immediately got up and helped me get it down. in fact she just took it all down by herself and gave it to me. she usually keeps to herself all the time and she eats lunch by herself and yet she was so forthcoming and helpful - i didn't even ask her to help me take it down, she just did. so i told her, 'hey, we're in the linkway.. you can come join the competition if you want.' and she did, for a while, after i left the classroom. i'm beginning to see that the girls in my class really are nice people. i manage to talk to some of them more nowadays and i think they really are people i could be friends with. things are looking up now.
 
 

+ posted by M @ 9:25 PM

Comments: Post a Comment