and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Monday, July 12, 2004

today was good and bad.

it was so bad i could've crumpled this morning but thankfully i had beatrice to hold my hand and talk to me. i thank God that He has given me my scgs friends in njc who i can talk to and trust and rely on.

i wanted to blog and vent about all my frustrations, but i've decided not to. instead i'll tell you why the day was good.

during free period terence and i sat in the canteen trying to do econs mcq. i ended up smsing half the time and he ended up singing under his breath. to which i started grinning because i was just so amused. and after a while he noticed i was silently laughing and he asked, 'am i disturbing you?' and looked offended in the way he normally does when he thinks he's being laughed at. so i talked to him about his band and his singing. and he said he played drums and he quit his band. and i found out that he was a christian and he played the drums at church. gosh i never knew that. i suspected so because i saw him say grace during orientation but when i invited him to my church he'd say, 'i'm not catholic.' so i just assumed, because to me, catholics ARE christian. and then he told me he had no time to go for church anymore because of canoeing and i told him gently to try to make time for God. he started singing Josh Groban songs very seriously and i humoured him by telling him to join Singapore Idol. i like times when i get to talk to people and take a genuine interest in them and be able to say i know them as a friend, not just a classmate. he then disclosed his secret talent and gave me a live demonstration which i doubt i can ever reveal to anyone else [much less here].

then he started to sing 'hands down' and i said that was my favourite song and he said it was his too. he sang the first verse and told me to follow up, which i eventually did when he began forgetting the lyrics at the bridge. i don't like singing in front of other people, normally, unless its worship, but i think today i needed something like this. it really made everything a whole lot more bearable, knowing i could talk to someone seriously in my class.

Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional

Breathe in for luck, breathe in so deep
This air is blessed, you share with me
This night is wild, so calm and dull
These hearts they race from self-control
Your legs are smooth as they graze mine
We're doing fine, we're doing nothing at all.

My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me
So won't you kill me, so I die happy
My heart is yours, to fill or burst
to break or bury, or wear as jewelry
Whichever you prefer

The words are hushed, let's not get busted,
Just lay entwined here undiscovered.
Safe in here from all the stupid questions..
"hey did you get some?"
Man, that is so dumb.
Stay quiet, stay near, stay close
they can't hear, so we can get some.

My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me
So won't you kill me, so I die happy
My heart is yours, to fill or burst
To break or bury, or wear as jewelry
Whichever you prefer

Hands down, this is the best day I can ever remember
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo,
The dim of the soft lights, the scent of your hair
That you twirled in your fingers
And the time on the clock when we realized it's so late
And this walk that we shared together
The streets were wet and the gate was locked
So I jumped it, and let you in
And you stood at your door with your hands on my waist
And you kissed me like you meant it
And I knew that you meant it
That you meant it, that you meant it
And I knew that you meant it, that you meant it.


+ posted by M @ 4:56 PM

Comments: Post a Comment