and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Thursday, September 09, 2004

i peeked at my birthday present today. i didn't even know i got one, because my parent's stopped making a big thing out of my birthday presents since i started 'growing up' and deciding material things weren't such a big issue anymore [harhar. laugh at me all you like. i honestly can't say i really really wanted anything material for the past years].

i only knew i had got one when my mom's friend came over and let slip that my parents had gotten me something.

it was a bang + olufsen bag so i couldn't resist looking. i tried shaking it. no clues from the sound. it was wrapped with that thin, easy-to-tear crepe paper and tied with a ribbon so it was quite a chore to unwrap. i couldn't even unwrap it fully but i managed to see the green outline of

an ipod.

i don't know if it was mini or regular, but it was green, my favourite sort of colour. i didn't even want an ipod that badly. i mean, i don't. sure, i whine about it and say to my brothers every night, 'i want an ipod' but it's one of those things you wish you had for a little while and then forget about - and yet they got one for me. i don't even know how they knew i wanted one because i never express any sort of wishlists to my parents - my brothers must have tipped them off and now they're probably going to get killed by the green-eyed monster.

i'm happy. but i'm feeling more guilty than happy. i don't deserve this expensive gadget which i probably don't know how to use all that well [i'm a technology dummy], i don't deserve anything. all i do is fail tests, not study, go out, watch tv, fall ill and generally make a big nuisance of myself. what did i do to deserve something so good?

sigh. i don't deserve this much care and love and it makes me feel so torn.


+ posted by M @ 11:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment