and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Tuesday, September 14, 2004

i reckon this is rather late, but i feel i must record things so as to remember them.

i've had FIVE birthday cakes. awfully chocolate chocolate banana cake from my parents on the same day as my dad's 'surprise party', an island creamery mudcake from mandy and cel [super super good. go buy one now.], a lana cake on saturday, zhaoxin's saralee and cadbury concoction [fatally good. HAHA], a slice of really good nydc cake from sam, bea, mandy and cha.

wow. top that.

some cakes i didn't even touch ... we know which, yes, zhaoxin?

okay, on tuesday, celebrated my birthday with seet, cel, mandy and bea. they surprised me with a cake because i thought my parents weren't getting one. so, i ended up with two cakes that night. on saturday, celebrated my birthday with the gang [short of kai] at my place. they blindfolded me and led me to the pool where the arranged some candle stuff at the sides. i was supposed to blow them all out but we decided they were nice left alone. received city of rain from jenny. it's beautiful, beautiful writing. really missed having kai around, though. actually, certain events have occurred over my birthday weekend that prove to be rather upsetting - but this is not the place for discussion. i trust they will be solved. it has left me discomfited with the aching realization that i really can't be physically there to look out for you guys anymore.

sunday - the actual day. woke up and decided to bake oreo imitations with the dough i made on saturday. in kitchen in pjs, cutting out heart shapes from the chocolate dough when two very unlikely people surprise me with their visit. i say unlikely, because on friday night, a certain someone [STEPHEN ANG] gets me annoyed by not making any time for me on my birthday. and i talk to a certain someone [CHEW ZHAOXIN], quite obviously upset and she just takes it all in, knowing and purposely keeping me in the dark. but it's okay, i like surprises :) zhaoxin presents me with her cake, which looked inedible, but i think was actually edible. she got me a sugarland figurine which i think is quite meaningful after i read her card to me. steph and JQ got me a green bracelet. green! and an awfully long card which opens up - though i think the amount they wrote came up to maybe two lines all together, if spread out and joined up. actually took a photo with them, but deleted it after because i looked not so nice in it. oops.

then went to suntec to meet the sc girls. had lunch at country manna and afterwards in true tourist fashion, decided to walk around the fountain of wealth. yes, we made wishes and walked around the fountain three times. i lost count and was about to walk around another time when zhaoxin said, 'aye! enough! how many S papers you want to get!'

i only want one, but i need to walk around more than three times in order to just get one, you know? :)

we got a nice couple to take photos for us, to which zhaoxin commented, 'how ironic, the locals getting the tourists to take photo for them.' walking on the flipside is good sometimes.

got nice smses, some unexpected from people i've lost contact with. it's nice to know you're remembered.

well, you can tell i had a quite happy day but the amount of ':)'. this is just skimming the surface, though. the age thing hasn't sunk in yet, and neither have the heartaches that come with it.

coolness. now back to the reality of promos.

also, i think i should update the sidebar, since i'm no longer 16 going on 17.








+ posted by M @ 3:47 PM

Comments: Post a Comment