and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Friday, September 30, 2005

talked to colin today. everytime i talk to him i feel a little rotten. we don't keep in touch much but he's studying at a UK prep school now and applying to UK Universities, so he asked how my applications were going.

the last time we talked, when i told him i wanted to study 'English', he just said, 'English is nice. but what are you going to do with it though?' and being me [my oft biased self], i gave him a long lecture about beauty and truth and studying what you really like and how English is a lot more important than many other things [he's going to study economics, ew?].

anyway, his mom apparently relayed to mine [in one of those long distance phone calls] that he was actually very interested in English and when he told his father he wanted to study English in university his father just yelled at him, 'What are you going to do? Become a teacher? NO!' so when my mom related this conversation to me shortly after i had lectured him about the wonders of English, i felt terribly guilty. i suppose i'm lucky that my parents allow me to study whatever i choose - more or less. angry scottish fathers don't sound very good to me. it pains me that kids aren't allowed by their parents to pursue there passions, but unfortunately there's that little thing called 'realism' that keeps knocking insistently at the door. i've managed to ignore it most of the time, much to my detriment [in terms of grades, etc etc].

oh well.

+ posted by M @ 11:55 PM

Comments: Post a Comment