and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Thursday, October 13, 2005


Posted by Picasa

and so the last day of school has come and gone. there's still a farewell assembly on monday, exams to take and prom, but whatever. at this point i barely feel any nostalgia - i think what i'm going to miss most is wearing sneakers every day. a lot of people know i have an unhealthy and absurd obsession with sneakers. and i only ever wear them to school. so what am i going to do now? red valentine dunks just look plain weird with other clothes.

i shall introduce you to my sneakers. the red adidas superstars marked the start of my love affair with sports shoes. as you can see, it is a very well worn pair, purchased when i was in sec 3. then came the DKNYs which i got on a holiday in Portugal. the chucks, aka 'emo shoes' i got when i was in sec 4 and going through the whole 'emo' thing.

during the first three months of jc, i would wear my white air force ones [not featured here] and then subsequently my superstars. anyway, i remember buying the 04 valentines day edition shoes with friends, i can't remember who. and i started wearing those to school, for a very long time before my trip to New York where i bought the Pink Ace '83s and the pearl-based Deltaforces with Red and Black detail. i laced both pairs of shoelaces through that shoe - that's why they look multi-coloured. finally, i bought the 05 Valentines Day edition at queensway. i saw it and knew that i had to buy it, despite the fact that my friends would call me mad for buying yet another pair of sneakers [i used to make bea walk around queensway with me just to look at the sneakers]. that was a few months ago, and i'm glad to say i haven't bought another pair of sneakers since.

the DM obviously didn't like my shoes, but i didn't care anyway.

I HAVE TRAVELLED TWO YEARS OF NJC WEARING EACH ONE PAIR AT LEAST ONCE FOR A CERTAIN PERIOD OF TIME! TO ME, THEY ARE MORE THAN SHOES, THEY ARE AN EXPRESSION OF MY BATTLE WITH THE GREY DISEASE! i should have remembered my time in njc in chunks like these - 'red valentine period', 'pink ace83 period' etc. will i continue to buy yet more shoes now that i have stopped having to wear a uniform? i can't promise that i won't.

on hindsight, this entry shows me to be a total nutcase, but really, i will miss my sneakers.

+ posted by M @ 10:48 PM

Comments: Post a Comment