and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Sunday, October 30, 2005

I am sorry to have so many girls in love with me, but as there is nothing to be very vain of in the success of these amours, I think I may tell the truth without scruple. Merceret, younger and less artful than Giraud, never made me so many advances, but she imitated my manners, my actions repeated my words, and showed me all those little attentions I ought to have had for her. Being very timorous, she took great care that we should both sleep in the same chamber; a circumstance that usually produces some consequences between a lad of twenty and a girl of twenty-five.

For once, however, it went no further; my simplicity being such, that though Merceret was by no means a disagreeable girl, an idea of gallantry never entered my head, and even if it had, I was too great a novice to have profited by it. I could not imagine how two young persons could bring themselves to sleep together, thinking that such familiarity must require an age of preparation. If poor Merceret paid my expenses in hopes of any return, she was terribly cheated, for we arrived at Fribourg exactly as we had quitted Annecy.

from The Confessions of Jean-Jacques Rousseau

oh how terribly terribly amusing. i laughed and laughed as i read this. the candidness is simply endearing.

and yes, here is a BAND ALERT! been listening to the band Low Millions, lately. no idea if it's old or new, well i really like what i hear from them. unfortunately it's hard to find their songs through downloads - i might have to get the CD [if hmv even brings it in].

as you notice i've been blogging and reading stuff on the internet a lot, it gets like this when i am upset by something [someone] - but sometimes the internet is very much one whole big book! filled with pages of people's lives and desires. people of the world! some are very interesting [some blogs] and some are rather funny and sad [post secret, dead letter directory. so very sad they are, i wish people would stop wasting themselves with these secrets and regrets]. i've also been musing about the phenomenon of 'raining frogs' [caused by hurricanes it seems] and wishing very much that i had disovered my love and interest in geog a lot sooner and begged to take Lit History Geog instead of Lit History math.

no colour can really express how i feel about those subjects, but well [and lit and history and goeg are obviously not of equal importance to me!]. have spent a lot of time this weekend reading - but i have an excuse! i need to mull over something that has inspired me so that i can write a chicago essay about it [which is due on tuesday!]. the hard part is picking out which work of art to write about, because there are simply too many. and sadly many times i think i'm more inspired than inspirational. what's the use of being inspired if you're not in turn inspirational? i wish i was more inspirational, but well.

oh i have said 'but well' too many times, what does it mean?

only an aching heart
conceives a changless work of art

WB Yeats

+ posted by M @ 8:17 PM

Comments: Post a Comment