and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Monday, May 15, 2006

just to update everyone a little bit, because even i'm overwhelmed by the stuff i'm doing:

1. i've quit cedele and i'm now at a friend aly's deli, starting tomorrow. i'm also not interning at any theatre/film/art company now and have some of my own works in progress (um, sort of). so basically all i'm doing now is working part-time at a deli and starting to live my own life. i say starting because my new life starts TOMORROW and also i've gotten so used to not having time that now i'm trying to wean myself away from the bad habits one accumulates when one doesn't have enough time (a lot of sleeping, eating at very odd hours, eating junk food, mindlessly staring at the computer as the only form of relaxation and communication, only reading things on the internet and not books, not bothering to contact friends or answer smses on time/at all - but still, i hate smsing, it's so tedious).

2. to commemorate this shift (i don't know why i find it so significant, as though it's some new chapter. but it possibly really is), i went to pierce my ears again today. i don't really know what made me do it (okay i know, but you get what i mean) but i decided to get two more holes so now i have five in total (i got my third one after the o levels ended, also a commemorative sort of thing, so nonsensically sentimental i know). sam (who held my hand throughout the process) thinks i'm crazy and my parents will probably be annoyed so i'll be wearing my hair down messily a lot at home (not that i don't already). not that my parents will make me remove them, but i don't really want to make them unhappy unnecessarily. it's not an act of teenangst rebellion to get attention from them or rile them up so what they don't know won't hurt them, for now.

3. i guess you could say i'm at a fairly happy place in my life right now. i do feel i am somewhat living the life that i wanted after the a levels, i am. in njc i never lived the life that i would have wanted for myself in jc so i'm glad that i'm completely past that horrible two-year period. so i'm really happy about all the things that i've experienced this year ... the only thing being that i'm not learning driving conscientiously like i said i would.

4. it was a little sad leaving cedele (but even ending QP was sad), because, how easily we get attached ... but i'm glad that i did it because the pay is pathetic and i disagree with the management and how the place is run. i can't work for someone i don't like/don't respect. too bad i didn't get to work with some of my favourite colleagues on my last shift though, but singapore is small, we'll always see each other some time. though i will miss my chinese dishwasher dearly and he didn't work today so i didn't get the chance to ask him all the questions i wanted!

5. i am a pig and if you hire me i will steal a lot of food from your restaurant when you are not watching : i finally got to bring home the rolled oat, apple and cheddar damper bread that i've been eyeing for quite awhile. the minute i got home i toasted it and buttered it and am eating it as i type this. feel a little cheated because i can barely taste the apple.

6. i've been spending ridiculous amounts of money.

7. i'll be leaving singapore in september.

+ posted by M @ 11:11 PM

Comments: Post a Comment