and the reason that i do not fall into this street is love
about ...
her name is mel. that's all that people find certain of about her: her name. and even then her name changes with her mood, she's got two of them, and a few others you don't know of.

links ...
my writing
random photos

PEOPLE I LIKE

carol
gayle
nigel
dawn
juliet
prudence
angela
elsa
iz
kai rui
alysia
daryl
sherman
jeremy
terence
vanessa
henry
shawn
michelle
hamizah
julius
jason


alvin pang
alfian sa'at
popagandhi
chubbyhubby
esurientes
tagboard ...

hit counter

contact ...
electric post
say it now

archives ...

credits ...
design:francey design
blogger


... Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I'm not sure what it is, about being sixteen or seventeen, and how everything you feel is so intense and beautiful and scary at the same time and how it seems like your world will end or begin with one single gesture.
I wish I could feel that way again.
Now my life is just theater, and cutting fabric, and talking to actors about how tight their costumes fit, pinning things, sewing things, sitting on a couch in a room and discussing matters I mostly don't care about anymore, trying to do my work and failing miserably at it, thinking about people and thinking about when I was younger and everything seemed so frightening and new and wonderful.
I want to take a year off, go to Barcelona and sketch cathedrals with charcoal. I want to sell portraits on the street, I've learned what I've always known about myself - that I truly enjoy sketching and that more than that I enjoy sketching portraits. There's something so intimate and vulnerable about creating portraits of people, and I love studying peoples' faces, noticing the way their lips curve when they speak or the colours of their eyes, and people are so expressive without even knowing they are.
I just want to fall in love again, and be complete. I try to think about the last time I felt that way, and it is so painful and so beautiful at the same time. I don't talk about enough, but I'm writing about it so I don't forget. At least I'm trying.

+ posted by M @ 11:24 AM

Comments: Post a Comment